AppTek GmbH is the German subsidiary of AppTek LLC with headquarter McLean, VA, USA. We are
located right in the city center of Aachen, Theaterplatz. In close cooperation with researchers at RWTH
Aachen University, we develop highly performant speech recognition and machine translation
systems. AppTek has had many years of sustained organic growth which is now accelerating due to the
strong demand of our B2B customers.
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer.
• on-call first-level response
• respond to customer issue reports
• troubleshoot problems to maintain service SLAs
• conduct incident post-mortems
• end to end monitoring across infrastructure and services for metrics/alerts/logs
• work with dev-team to improve system
• construct and maintain build and release pipelines
• identify performance bottlenecks
Job requirements, must-have:
• strong knowledge of Linux
• strong knowledge of AWS (ALB, Auto-Scaling, Lambda, API gateway, S3, etc.)
• scripting languages (bash, Python)
• familiarity with load-testing tools
• 2+ years of industry experience appreciated
• some experience using databases – may be required to use SQL queries to identify and
• monitoring tools (Grafana etc.)
• automated deployment tools
• be able to work autonomously
• strong personal communication skill
• English is required, German is a plus
You work from our Aachen office. Ideally, full-time, but other options can be considered.
You work in an international team. Two colleagues (one in McLean, one in Aachen) will support you
getting on quick with your job. Maybe in contrast to larger organizations, you are not just a cog in the
wheel. This is a high-impact position with a competitive compensation.
Pls. send your application and any questions in English or German to firstname.lastname@example.org . This
job offer is not per se time-limited, but we expect first applications by February 14, 2022.
Please send contact information and resume to email@example.com.
AppTek is a global leader in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies for automatic speech recognition (ASR), neural machine translation (NMT), natural language processing/understanding (NLP/U) and text-to-speech (TTS) technologies. The AppTek platform delivers industry-leading solutions for organizations across a breadth of global markets such as media and entertainment, call centers, government, enterprise business, and more. Built by scientists and research engineers who are recognized among the best in the world, AppTek’s solutions cover a wide array of languages/ dialects, channels, domains and demographics.