Applications Technology – Apptek GmbH
Phone +49 (241) 95783664
AppTek GmbH is the German subsidiary of AppTek LLC with headquarter McLean, VA, USA. We are located right in the city center, Theaterplatz. In close cooperation with researchers at RWTH Aachen University, we develop highly performant speech recognition and machine translation systems. AppTek has had many years of sustained organic growth which is now accelerating due to the strong demand of our B2B customers. We are seeking a Software Engineer, Machine Learning.
Your Job Description
You will make sure that our speech recognition and machine translation systems runs nicely on the current machine learning platforms. In particular, your first assignment is to write code that enables our neural network framework RETURNN1 to run on MXNet. (We have done it for Theano and TensorFlow before. We will guide you but you have to work independently.) While your research colleagues improve the models mainly in terms of quality metrics, you focus on platform aspects and execution speed. (Simplified but it gives the idea.) As the communication will be intense, you must be physically located in Aachen. Ideally, you work full-time, but part-time work is possible as well.
Your Professional Profile
- You should be able to tick several of the checkboxes below:
- A good understanding of machine learning (ML), e.g. DNNs, LSTMs, seq-to-seq models, …
- Strong coding experience
- Experience in Python, C++, Linux, distributed computing, CUDA
- ML frameworks like TensorFlow, MXNet, CNTK or Theano
- A completed computer science degree
- Several years of hands-on software experience
- Experience in and affinity to working in a team
While we would prefer a candidate with experience, you should not shy away from applying if you have not yet been working in a job. But in any case, a good understanding of at least one of the above-mentioned ML frameworks is a must.
- Good English communication skills
- Speaking German is not a must but would be helpful
- You function well in a team and get along well with your colleagues
- You take on responsibility. You organize yourself and get things done
Pls. send your application (or any questions) to firstname.lastname@example.org .